Saturday, August 15, 2009

A planning maniac

OK, that's what I've turned into. Now that I've started making some reservations out of necessity, I started thinking, well if I'm worried about not being able to stay where I want to stay, what if I can't do what I want to do or eat where I want to eat once I get there? And went the next step, making activity, and yes, even restaurant reservations. Like I have clue where, never mind when, I'm going to want to eat dinner once I arrive in Yellowstone Park. But, on the website, and on their phone message, they warn you, we book 12 months in advance! I'm less than 2 weeks away from my vacation. I'd better get on the ball! And so I did. I fell for it. No way I'll be able to tell if all this advance planning was a good thing or not until we actually get there and see if we feel like taking the 4 hr horseback ride to the bottom of Bryce Canyon the day we arrive (vs the day we leave, my 2 choices) which I have pre-booked and prepaid, for, or whether we'll want to eat at 8:15PM at the Old Faithful Dining room on the day I reserved. Or, even more likely, will I even remember what days and times I made all of these reservations for, or what day it actually is while I'm on my adventure. I have trouble just keeping track of what day it is during the summer when my usual routine is a bit different, I can't even imagine having a clue when on the road.

Planning sucks. Or does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment