Sunday, August 23, 2009

From Advil to Zyrtec

Now I know why cross-country road trips are mostly attempted by the young. They haven't yet developed the worry instincts of older, more experienced folks, particularly parents, particularly Jewish parents.

YD spent about an hr packing, her most agonizing moment coming when she realized we were low on anti-frizz hair gel and it was too late to order any more. After the same hr, I had yet to finish writing down the drugs I wanted to take with us. What might we encounter, microbiologically-speaking, on our trip? I need to be prepared for all possibilities! I am taking 3 kinds of oral antibiotics (2 kinds of topical), an antiviral, antihistamines, decongestants, NSAID's, antacids, bronchodilators, and an epipen. With the pharmaceutical armamentarium I have amassed, I can probably treat
most of the population on the Native American reservations we expect to visit.Maybe President Obama should add me to his health care initiative. I can truly bring health care to the people!

1 comment:

  1. Armamentarium! O the joy of a life that admits the use of a word like that.

    ReplyDelete