Friday, September 4, 2009

Old home week (days?) in San Fran



Time to reconnect 3,000 miles away from home. For our first night in SF, my amazing cousin Bob, (who will always be my baby cousin Bob to me after I spent the summer of 1971 as his mother's helper at the Pine Knoll bungalow colony in Monticello, NY), whom I haven't seen in I-don't-know-how-long, and his indescribably delicious son Jonah, drove down from his home in San Rafael and treated YD & I to dinner and tour of Fisherman's Wharf. I cannot even to begin to describe Bob's accomplishments in the field of computer programming. YD couldn't wait to meet this famous relative she had heard so much about, and I couldn't wait to see him after many years and especially to meet his son. The only regret of the evening was that we missed out on meeting his wife and younger son Archer, as Archer woke up with a fever that morning.

YD and I spent the next day doing a whirlwind tour of Nob Hill, Union Sq., the financial district, & Chinatown, before heading out for our next taste of home, which was an overnight in Santa Clara with Janice, a dear friend of YD's from middle/high school days, who moved to CA to start a new, exciting job at Adobe about 6 weeks ago.

Being exactly halfway through our trip, reconnecting with family and friends is just what we needed to get refueled and re-energized for our trip to The Price is Right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment